| Helical Screw Anchors to prevent pipe uplift (buoyancy control)
|| Helical Foundation Piles to support raised pipelines
Foundation Piles for Petroleum / Pipeline
MacLeanCivil offers a broad range of steel foundation piles used to support petroleum pipelines. We offer many time proven solutions with experience in anchoring since the 1920's. It is important that the product and installation meets stringent requirements to ensure the quality and workmanship of the manufactured product and that installation is performed by qualified and certified technicians to ensure the foundation will perform as expected.
MacLeanCivil has qualified relevant products to meet the IBC (International Building Codes) ICC AC358 Acceptance Criteria for Helical Foundation Systems and Devices. This should be important criteria when selecting the supplier to protect your investment for years to come.
A typical helical pile for a raised pipeline support application consists of a 1) lead, 2) one or more extensions and 3) a bracket.
The lead is either a solid round corner square shaft or pipe with one or more helices or circular plates welded to the shaft. The helices provide the bearing area to support the structure. The shaft type and size and length are determined by the soil, installation depth and structure load requirement. The lead is installed with a variety of hydraulic torque motor equipment. The lead (similar to installing a wood screw into wood) is rotated vertically into the soil to a suitable depth until competent soil is reached to develop the required load bearing capacity.
The location, number and type of helical foundation piles are selected by the engineer or certified MacLeanCivil Distributor or installer. Torque monitoring by a certified MacLeanCivil installer assures each helical pile is installed to the required specification.
Extensions are used to advance the lead to whatever depth is required. The total installed depth may range from near the pipeline bottom to 50 or more feet.
Features and Benefits of MacLeanCivil Helical Foundation Systems:
- Used for tension and compression loads
- Used for new foundation construction
- Installed with no vibration
- Available for immediate use -- no concrete or grout to cure
- No spoils
- Forged square socket coupling system for Round Corner Square shaft -- no bolts in shear during installation-- no elongated or torn bolt holes and no bent bolts during installation.
- Integral socket hot forged with induction heat -- no welds
- Strength Squared™ coupling system for pipe piles
- Improved productivity; bolt holes align for faster assembly -- just insert next extension and add bolt. No alignment issues when in tight quarters
- Greater torque capacity for size -- best performance value.
- Helical piles / anchors may be removed
- Contributes to "Green" environment.
- Available standard hot dip galvanized ASTM A-153 or black (not coated)
ICC AC358 Acceptance Criteria For Helical Foundation Systems and Devices Tests:
- Full scale compression Load Test in sand and clay
- Full scale Tension Load Test in sand and clay
- Full scale Lateral Load Test
- Shaft Torsion
- Helix Torsion
- Coupling Rigidity
- Helix Capacity
- Bracket Capacity